Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is one of the ancient and the most important Mantras in Hinduism. The Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap dedicated to Lord Shiva. In this page, we will review the benefits of reciting Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.
The Sanskrit words “Maha“, “Mrityun“, and “Jaya” represent “Great“, “Death” and “Victory” respectively which is translated to “Great victory over death“.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Benefits
Here are the important Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra benefits when recited regularly:
1. Connection with Divine Vibrational Energies
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is one of the most potent Mantras in Hinduism along with Gayatri Mantra. Uttering the Tryambakam Mantra with utmost dedication helps you connect with the divine vibrational energies.
2. Eliminates the Fear of Mortality
The powerful Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra addresses Lord Shiva and who is believed to eliminate the fear of mortality and ailments.
3. Believed To Bring Back From Dead
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is originally sourced from the Rig Veda and believed that sages brought back people from dead using this mantra.
4. Provides A Protective Shield Around You
Chanting this mantra with sincerity and trust forms a protective buffer around you whereby guarding and protecting you against all the odds.
5. Saves From Challenges, Hurdles and Accidents
The Maha Mrityunjaya mantra removes the fear and saves from challenges, impediments, and misfortunes.
6. Provides Pleasure, Prosperity and Contentment
Chanting the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra regularly with faith and devotion gives you pleasure, contentment, and prosperity.
7. Helps You To Make Right Decisions
The Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra helps you to make the right decision when you are in a confused or challenging state.
8. Resolves Horoscope-Related Issues
People with horoscope-related issues such as Maas, Dasha, Gochara, and Antar-Dasha can find immense relief by chanting this powerful mantra.
9. Relieving From Dreaded Incurable Diseases
The most amazing benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra are relieving from dreaded and incurable ailments, extending one’s life, and prevention of premature death.
10. Immediate Resolutions To Family Disputes
During family disagreements and misunderstandings, reciting the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra gives you immediate resolutions. Alternatively, chanting this mantra with the entire family multiplies the benefits.
11. Overcome Any Financial Setbacks
Chanting Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra helps you to overcome any financial worries and losses in business.
12. Liberates One From Death/Rebirth Cycle (Moksha)
Mahamrityunjaya mantra gives you spiritual benefits as well. It can release the person from the cycles of deaths and rebirths (i.e., attaining the Moksha). That is why this mantra is known as a Moksha mantra.
13. Gives Peaceful/Bad Dream-Free Sleep
When affected with bad dreams, reciting 9 times of Mahamrityunjaya mantra before sleeping helps you to have a peaceful sleep.
How To Chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- The ideal time to chant this mantra is the wee hours between 4 AM and 6 AM (Brahma Muhurta). To increase the vibrational divine energy, best to have a Shiva linga or Shiva picture next to you when reciting it. Also, remember to apply the holy ash with kumkum on the forehead. Recite this maha-mantra facing the East direction.
- To amplify the benefits of this mantra, one must recite with Rudraksha mala since Rudraksha seeds represent Lord Shiva, so it is very auspicious.
Do you have any other benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra that is not listed here? Share them in the comments section below.
- “Shiva Mantras”. Accessed December 24, 2018. Link.