Lord Venkateswara Etymology
There are a couple of known etymology for the lord Venkateswara name:
- Venkateswara = Venkat (= name of the mountain in AP) + Ishwara (= Lord)
- Venkata = Ven (= Sins) + Kata (= power of immunity) = Destroyer of Sins (According to Brahmanda and Bhavishyottara Puranas)
The temple Thirupathi has been referenced in the old sangam literatures and considered to be a part of Tamilakam (Ancient Southern India – which consisted of current Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadeep and Pondicherry).
Listen to the Venkatesa Suprabhatham which is the wake-up song for Lord Venkateshwara in the morning. You can hear this song in radios almost all Hindu households especially in southern India.
Other names of Lord Venkateswara
Srinivasa, Balaji, Venkata Ramana, Venkatachalapathi, Govindha, Perumal, Elumalai, Kesava, Kesavan, Kondasamy, Srinibash, Thimma, Thirumal, Thirumala, Venkataraman, Padmaraj, and Khee.
Story of Lord Venkateswara
According to old puranas, once there was a fight between Lord Vishu and Goddess Lakshmi in Vaikunda (heavenly abode); Goddess Lakshmi left Vaikunda to earth and stayed in disguise. Lord Vishnu soon arrived on earth looking for Goddess Lakshmi. He could not find her and then settled in the Tirumala hills and continued his search as a Forester. During the search, he came across a beautiful girl named Padmavathi who was the daughter of the King of Tirumala. They both fell in love and decided to get married.
The father of the bride asked for a huge sum of money to marry his daughter. So the Lord Vishu borrowed a huge loan from the Hindu god of wealth named Kubera. Kubera gave the loan under one condition such as that Lord Vishnu should not return to Vaikunda without paying off the debt.
Because of this, devotees offer gold and huge wealth everyday and in return devotees get the blessings from lord Venkateswara.
Lord Venkateswara Images
Here are the top Lord Venkateswara images for your Andriod devices:
Lord Venkateswara Wallpapers
Here are the best Lord Venkateswara Wallpapers:
-  – “Visions of a New Earth: Religious Perspectives on Population, Consumption … – Google Books”. Accessed August 17, 2017. Link.
-  – “The Blackwell Companion to Religious Ethics – Google Books”. Accessed August 17, 2017. Link.
-  – “Why do we Hindus offer Gold and large amount of money at Tirupati Balaji Temple?”. Accessed August 17, 2017. Link.