Goddess Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of education, music, arts, knowledge and learning. She forms the trinity of Hindu goddesses along with Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Parvathi. She is often depicted wearing a pure white Saree seated on a beautiful white lotus.
Goddess Saraswati History
In one of the ancient vedas of hinduism, Rigveda refers the Goddess Saraswathi and has verses/slokas for her. The festival Vasant Panchami (aka Saraswathi Pooja) is celebrated every year on the fifth day of Magha (Indian month). On that date, many young children start their first day of schooling to learn the alphabets.
Other than India, countries such as Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia and Myanmar revere Saraswati as a goddess of education, music and arts.
The word Saraswati (also spelled as Sarasvati, Saraswathy, Saraswathi or Saraswathy) is originated from Sanskrit as a combination of two words namely:
- Sāra (सार) meaning “Essence“.
- Sva (स्व) meaning “one self“
So Saraswati means “one who leads to essence of self knowledge“; It also means “One who Possesses plenty of water“; hence the Hindu river Saraswati was named after her.
Goddess Sarawathi is the wife of Lord Brahmma.
Goddess Saraswati Images
Here is a good collection of Goddess Saraswati images & HD wallpapers for your phones & tablets.
Here are the Goddess Saraswati HD wallpapers for your desktop computers.
-  – “The Rig Veda in Sanskrit: Rig Veda Book 2: Hymn 41.” The Rig Veda in Sanskrit: Rig Veda Book 2: Hymn 41. Accessed December 31, 2016. Link.
-  – “Hindu Goddesses.” Google Books. Accessed December 31, 2016. Book Link.
-  – “Original Sanskrit Texts on the Origin and History of the People of India, Their Religion and Institutions: Contributions to a knowledge of the cosmogony, mythology, religious ideas, life and manners, of the Indians in the Vedic age.” Google Books. Accessed December 31, 2016. Book Link.
-  – “Hindu Deities: Goddess Saraswati.” Hindu Deities: Goddess Saraswati. Accessed December 31, 2016. Link.